IGT Testing Systems has for many decades been supplying the well-known AIC2-5 printability tester for making numerous tests on different substrates and inks in quality control and research.
- Tests small quantities of ink and substrate in conditions simulating actual practice.
- Makes colour strips with various inks on different substrates, which can be used for numerous purposes.
- Saves costs because many tests do not need to be made on the printing presses.
- sturdy construction for intensive use over a long period; easy and quick to clean
- many accessories available for a very wide range of processing possibilities for various substrates and offset, gravure and flexo inks; substrate, ink and printing form are simple and quick to change
- reproducibility is extremely good, high degree of simulation of actual practice
- Printing speed constant 0.2 - 5 m/s
- Printing speed increasing 0.5 - 7 m/s
- Printing force: 50 - 1000 N
- Extra interval time: 0.2-120 s, resolution of 0.1 s
- Weight : 100 kg
- Size: 500 x 440 x 500 mm
- Electrical rating: 115/230 V - 50/60 Hz
- The fastest and best results are achieved in combination with the IGT High Speed Inking Unit 4.
The test strips made on the AIC2-5 printability tester are suitable for many purposes:
- measuring colour with colour measuring systems/spectrophotometers
- use in colour matching systems
- visual appraisal
- density measurements, including establishing tolerances
- determination of coverage, scratch resistance, wear resistance, flexibility, adhesion and gloss, ink transfer (in g/m2), light fastness and resistance to chemicals
- testing of printing quality, picking, wet pick and wet repellence, roughness, print penetration, Heliotest, set-off, striking through, mottle, loose and weakly bound paper articles
The AIC2-5 tester prints on different materials like paper, board, plastic film, cellophane, laminate, metal, etc.
The AIC2-5 tester is used in the following industries:
- printing ink, paper and board, printers
- metal, plastic and packaging industries
- resin, lacquer and coating industries
- raw material industry
- training centres